RE159: DB Schenker repaints two ‘rust bucket’ Class 37s as the EE Type 3s return to favour with the German freight operator.
Inside the August issue:
• News: The Government announces the £1 billion electrification of the Great Western Main Line to Swansea but the proposed new DMU order falls by the wayside. DB Schenker wins more traffic and is set to return more Class 37s and Class 60s to traffic. Freightliner’s first two GE ‘PowerHaul’ locos start testing in the US. First GBRf celebrates its 10th year in business.
• Features: David Rapson continues his history of diesel-hauled passenger trains over the North Wales coast with a look at the 1980s – a decade of tremendous change which saw the introduction of many new locomotive types.
• Pictorial coverage: The best in modern railway photography incorporated into all our columns. DRS railtours, new liveries and unusual locomotive workings are all recorded.
• Columns: Your favourite in-depth monthly reading – Railtours, Preservation, Traction & Rolling Stock, Unitary Authority, Irish Angle, complete with superb supporting photography. Some columns feature expanded coverage such as a full shunter location listing.
• Modelling: All the latest news from the world of diesel and electric era modelling. A progress report from Bachmann plus your chance to influence our next special edition releases. Our popular ‘Modeller’s Guide’ series returns with a look explosives traffic, including train graphics.
On sale at your local newsagent or via subscription