RE152: Going loco!: Locos and coaches back in favour with Arriva, ScotRail & First Great Western.
Inside the January issue:
• News: Recession starts to bite as the freight companies see reduced tonnages. Jobs at risk at EWS and Washwood Heath Yard closes. DfT reveals new Thameslink EMU fleet specification and speeds the procurement of 200 new DMU vehicles. Arriva Trains Wales begins running its new loco-hauled service sponsored by the Welsh Assembly Government.
• Feature: Retrospectrum returns with a detailed look at the liveries carried by Research Department locomotives, complete with a history, full locomotive livery listing and some stunning images. Remember Experiment and Ixion?
• Pictorial: To coincide with the publication of the new Irwell Press book on Class 55s with have a special monochrome spread of superb ‘Deltic’ action from the 1960s. Pure nostalgia!
• Columns: Your favourite in-depth monthly reading – Railtours, Preservation, Traction & Rolling Stock, Unitary Authority, Irish Angle, complete with superb supporting photography. Some columns feature expanded pictorial coverage.
• Modelling: All the latest news from the world of diesel and electric era modelling. Hornby’s 2009 programme is announced plus a whole host of new product reviews ranging from ViTrains Class 47 to new Ferry wagons from Dapol and Heljan.
On sale now at your local newsagent or via subscription – Please accept our apologies for the delay to the publication of this magazine which was due to the increased pagination and a news embargo.
We would like to wish all our readers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.