RE150: It’s the RHTT season!
Inside the November issue:
• News: New loco-hauled services to start – Arriva wins Holyhead to Cardiff, while EWS to run Fife Circle trains. Eurostar considers replacing Class 373s with new Alstom AGVs. IEP diesels off the agenda as electrification outlook is given boost. Direct Rail Services buys ‘Deltic’ 55016 Gordon Highlander. Freightliner and GE unveil new ‘PowerHaul’ design.
• Feature: Cheshire memories. Author Terry Moors gives winds the clock back with a selection of images of Crewe station, depot and works and the surrounding area to tie in with the publication of his new book on the region. This is the sequel to his well-received look back at the Staffordshire area in the 1980s.
• Book offer: A special offer to purchase Terry Moors’s new book on Crewe and Cheshire railways in the 1980s. Due to be published in early November
• Nostalgia: Crewe Works – one of the principal BR workshops – was responsible for locomotive building and repairs to all forms of traction and rolling stock. Editor Philip Sutton provides a potted history of the famous facility backed up with top quality black and white photography from the work’s BR existence.
• Columns: Your favourite in-depth monthly reading – Railtours, Preservation, Traction & Rolling Stock, Unitary Authority, Irish Angle, complete with superb supporting photography. Some columns feature expanded pictorial coverage.
• Modelling: The Warley show is on the horizon – we provide a run down of the diesel and electric era layouts and demonstrations that will be attending. There are reviews of Dapol’s new FEA-B container flat, Bachmann’s VDA van and the Graham Farish Class 108 DMU. Our main feature this month looks at the outstanding BR blue diesels in Brian Daniels’s ‘O’ gauge fleet.