RE148: New brand for Scotland’s railways.
Inside the September issue:
• News: Virgin wins contract to commission new ‘Pendolino’ trainsets. North Wales Class 57/3 ‘drags’ to remain past December timetable change. Transport Scotland announces ScotRail rebrand. Direct Rail Services wins new stone, sugar and nuclear waste flows. Waterloo redevelopment criticised by environmental groups.
• Feature: Our Retrospectrum series takes a look at the four Class 20s operated by the British Rail Telecommunications business, that carried both blue and two-tone grey livery.
• Feature: All change! Four long-term RAIL EXPRESS photographic contributors have joined together to produce a book covering the colourful first ten years after privatisation. We preview the new publication here, and provide a great opportunity to purchase it as a discounted rate with free P&P!
• Nostalgia: It was 20 years ago that BR axed the much loved ‘Peak’ locomotives from service. This, plus the current affairs and railway headlines from 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 years ago in Time Traveller.
• Columns: Your favourite in-depth monthly reading – Railtours, Preservation, Traction & Rolling Stock, Unitary Authority, Irish Angle, complete with superb supporting photography. Some columns feature expanded pictorial coverage.
• Modelling: With the N Gauge Show coming up in September, RAIL EXPRESS Modeller take a look at some classic examples of small scale modelling. Grahame Hedges, the builder of the excellent Stoney Lane Depot, takes a look at structure modelling, while Simon Harris describes his outstanding 2mm finescale Ynysarwed Sidings, set in North Wales in the 1970s.
On sale on Thursday, August 21st