RE142: Your chance to name DRS Class 47s!
Inside the March issue:
• News: DRS fleet survey includes news of summer repairs for Classes 20 & 37 plus open day at Crewe announced. Department for Transport reveals its ‘new’ rolling stock plan. First capital Connect plans to bring back loco-hauled commuter trains to Peterborough. French roll-out new generation TGV. EWS boss speaks on the future of rail freight, here and abroad, plus we have news of the ‘Stobart Pullman’ launch.
• Offers: Win tickets on the luxury ‘Stobart Pullman’ by suggesting new names for two of the Class 47 fleet! Save money on a superb new DVD covering a decade of DRS operations.
• Feature: Retrospectrum returns with a closer look at the Railfreight Construction sub-sector livery complete with a history, full loco listing and some stunning images.
• Columns: Your favourite monthly reading – Railtours, Traction & Rolling Stock, Unitary Authority, Irish Angle, etc.
• Modelling: All the news regarding Bachmann’s impressive 2008/9 programme of models and the latest update on Heljan’s plans. We also have the first of a two-part Modeller’s Guide on Mendip aggregate operations including some of our popular train formation graphics.
Unfortunately publication was slightly delayed due to the need to process and despatch a large number of reader offers. The magazine should be with subscribers and on general sale by Friday morning.